In 2006 the newly established Chair for Innovation Economics at the Institute for Technology and Management in the Faculty of Economics and Management at the Technical University Berlin is endowed by the Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research (ISI) in Karlsruhe. Since April 1st 2010, Professor Dr. Knut Blind changed to the Fraunhofer Institute for Open Communication Systems (FOKUS).
The team studies a broad range of subjects related to Innovation Economics. Amongst others, projects by
- the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF),
- the Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology (BMWi),
- the Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ),
- the German Institute for Standardization (DIN),
- the European Commission,
- the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD),
- the State Ministry of Baden-Württemberg,
are worked on in close cooperation with the Fraunhofer-Institute for Open Communication Systems FOKUS in Berlin.